[Sca-cooks] Almond powder question

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 18 20:40:07 PDT 2002

On 18 Sep 2002, at 20:31, Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamant wrote:

> You should be able to find ground almonds, though, at any of several
> different markets serving various ethnicities. I buy mine in an Indian
> supermarket in one-pound bags,

Same here.  I pay $4/lb for almond meal, which is more than I pay
for whole almods or even blanched/slivered, but it's worth it for the
convenience.  When I'm making peach pits, I start with almond
meal.  (Which reminds me, I committed to making about 100
peach pits for an event next month.  I'd better get started...)

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net