Maire... (was Re: [Sca-cooks] injuries

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Sep 18 21:51:01 PDT 2002

It would need to be well padded, indeed!
Seriously, though....I dunno about Drakey, but I think in my case, it's
a combination of bad eyesight, and an amazing *lack* of awareness of
what my body's doing in space--a kinesthetic sense, I think it's called?
I'm very near-sighted, have little peripheral vision, and have never,
ever been any good at sports or anything requiring coordination and
grace and movement of large muscle groups.  Can't dance worth a darn,
trip on flat surfaces, etc.
I am, however, very, very good with minute eye/hand coordination, which
probably explains why (in the SCA, at least), I've specialized in
counted-thread embroideries (I'm kinda infamous, locally, for my
blackwork).  Blessing in disguise? who knows...maybe it's just something
to keep me busy and quiet in my padded room! ;-)
--Maire "Plays with Scissors and has the Scars to Prove It" NiNuanain