[Sca-cooks] Picking on Canadians?? TOTALLY OT OOP

Patrick Levesque pleves1 at PO-BOX.McGill.Ca
Thu Sep 19 20:36:52 PDT 2002

>At 02:38 PM 9/19/2002, you wrote:
>>It may be a funny lottery rule where answering a question makes it not
>>strictly a game of
>>chance but one of skills.
>
>Johnna has it right.  Can't leave it entirely to chance...  I seem to
>remember also that there is a rule that says something along the lines of
>someone who is not mentally competent shouldn't be particpating in
>lotteries...

Well, if you *really* are interested in whacky canadian gambling laws, I
can add these two tidbits:

Quebec, as a province, has special requirements which makes its residents
uneligible for most contests all over the world (something related to
taxes, which we have quite a lot of up here...)

The question of mental competence is also importent, however, Loto-Quebec,
the company holding a provincial monopoly on gambling, has booths in almost
every psychiatric institution in the Province, and patients *are* allowed
to buy whatever tickets they wish...

Go figure...

Petru 'cel Paros' Voda