[Sca-cooks] Re: Rolls Recipe and a turnip question unto the group

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sat Sep 21 19:40:04 PDT 2002

Marion skrev:

>    Unto the list, I have a question. I have just tried
> a simple armored turnip recipe for layers of turnips,
> cheddar cheese, pepper, and mace,  baked until the
> cheese melted. While not a bad dish, it seems to lack
> whatever it is that causes the tongue to dance and
> ingredients to metamorphose to something more than
> their constituent parts. Does anyone have suggestions
> or recipes for turnips or armored turnips?

Well, cheddar cheese is not only not provably period, but it's one of the
ones which is hard to make dissolve without adding milk, and grating it. Why
don't you try a softer, more flavorful cheese? Not quite sure what flavor
you're looking for, but there are enough of them out there, that I'm sure
you could find one that you REALLY like, that the bitterness of the turnips,
and the sharpness of the pepper and the mace would combine better for you.

Phlip