[Sca-cooks] Regional dishes... OOP

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sat Sep 21 20:21:13 PDT 2002

Huh!
I've never had sweet potato souffle of any variety, but the "goulash"
sounds remarkably similar to the dish of the same name they used to
serve for school lunches up here (NW Montana, aka, Artemisia).  One of
my favorite comfort-food/family history casseroles is similar--onion,
green pepper, tomatoes, hamburger, baked with elbow macaroni, cheese,
and lutheran binder (recipe came from my dad's side of the family, so it
can be traced back to CT/NC, at least).
Mmmm,....I'm getting hungry and it's casserole season.....;-)
--Maire