[Sca-cooks] Re: Very carefully not panicking...

Avraham haRofeh goldberg at bestweb.net
Mon Sep 23 05:24:39 PDT 2002

> The head cook can't be doing this
> and making sure the food is ready to be served at the same time.  Of
course
> if I need a pot or something cleaned, I'm more likely to just do it myself
(if my
> head dish washer will let me).

I completely agree with this sentiment. As Head Cook (or Assistant HC), the
job is to supervise the kitchen staff, not get stuck up to the elbows in
soapy water with your back to the kitchen. I don't object to scullery (well,
I do, I hate doing dishes, but I'll do it when needed), but the BOSS
shouldn't be doing it at his/her event.

> How ever, I will admit to not peeling
> potatoes,
> but that is more because none of my feasts have been of the right theme to
> warrent serving them.  Two years ago I peeled and precooked 50 pounds of
> carrots.

Peeling veggies comes with the territory. For Barleycorn, I peeled easy 30
lbs of carrots, as well as prepping the vegetarian stock.

FYI, while I was Assistant Head Cook for Barleycorn (Sept 7), I will be
Co-Chef for Northpass's Tavern event in February. I will let you all know
when we settle a date.

Avraham