[Sca-cooks] Re: Rolls Recipe

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Mon Sep 23 08:13:30 PDT 2002

> > Okay, someone enlighten this poor, distant South African - what on earth
> > are cinnamon rolls?  People on this list keep on mentioning them. They're
> > unknown in this part of the world... but they _sound_ delicious.  Recipe,
> > anyone?
> >

> OH, heavens.
> I never thought I'd encounter a part of the world that has a number of
> English speakers, but not cinnamon rolls!
> I don't have a recipe, but a sweet dough, rolled or streched out, cut into
> long strips, and spread with a mixture of cinnamon, sugar, and butter before
> being rolled up, set on end so you can see the spirals, and baked, then often
> drizzled with confectioner's sugar icing while still hot, is one common
> variety.
> They are so ubiquitous in the States that some fast food restaurants offer
> them for breakfast, and there is a chain of mall stores which makes them as
> you watch and sells nothing but them.  Theirs are realy decadent - true
> cinnamon, and butter cream frosting, and the "regular" size is about 4 inches
> across.  I usually go for the minis, myself - or split the regular with
> someone.
>
> Brangwayna Morgan

Incidentally, or perhaps not, various institutes have done studies on the
differences between the sexes WRT olfactory stimulation, and apparently
the most arousing scent to a male human is hot cinnamon rolls. Hmmmm.

A former roommate of mine was convinced that Cinnabon (the aforementioned
chain of mall stores) was part of a plot to take over the world.

A trend in this part of the country (northern Plains) is to slice them
horizontally and make French toast out of them. Yum. You don't even need
syrup.

Margaret