[Sca-cooks] Kitchen wear, was Very carefully not panicking...

r.carnegie at verizon.net r.carnegie at verizon.net
Mon Sep 23 08:33:13 PDT 2002

> This is why I wear long t-tunics and scoff at people who tell me wearing
> jeans to cook in is 'Much Safer'. We had a head cook spill hot water on
> her leg and get badly burned before she could skin out of her jeans-- I
> had the same thing happen, hitched up the tunic and undertunic, kicked off
> my shoes and stuck my leg under the cold water spigot outside. No
> blisters.
>
> - Jadwiga, who wears t-tunics and italian ren. :)

    Frankly almost all of my historic cooking has been done in period dress, often with down hearth methods (hot coals and fire).  I do not feel that my hiostoric clothing is any less safe than modern ones, and often it is safer (fire hazard issues).

Ranald de Balinhard,

R.Carnegie at verizon.net
"Argue for your limitations, and they are yours."
             R. Bach