[Sca-cooks] RE: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #2483 - 16 msgs

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Sep 23 18:02:44 PDT 2002

Aurore skrev:

> > No, put *those* eggs down, they have been sitting in the nest long
enough
> > turn into Balut. No, you cant play toss the egg. If you want eggs, you
> will
> > have to find them when they lay them or go to the store.
> >
> > margali

> It's scary when I actually know what Balut is.  Don't care for the sicken
> idea of another culture's idea of snack food.

Actually, it's not really a snack food- it's a thing done by Filipino men
who have a snoot full- a test of macho. Most Filipino women (according to my
informant, a Filipino woman) watch the men get tiddly and eat the things, in
great admiration, then go into the kitchen, or outside, and giggle about
idiot males....She told me that she wouldn't eat one of the damned things
for any reason, and this is the lady who taught me how to cook and eat fish
heads, bones and all....

Phlip