[Sca-cooks] Emergency supplies WAS Parmesan

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Sep 24 08:20:10 PDT 2002

 Which leads to the question - what 'emergency supplies' do people keep on
> hand that aren't considered staples (i.e. canned tomatoes, etc)?
> > Lucrezia
-----------------------------
For the winter if it's one of those with storms and actual weather, I keep a
selection of soups,
mac and cheese in the blue boxes (hey they prefer it and they can make it
themselves) and then the fresh goods like milk and eggs. Staples that I also
keep that other people wouldn't think about might be stuff to bake with like
all the special ingredients like good chocolate and all the spices and the
speciality flours.  I also keep propane for the grill so I can grill and
also all the stuff for the smoker.  If the power goes out, we can still
cook.

Johnnae  llyn Lewis    Johnna Holloway