[Sca-cooks] Scullery duty

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 24 09:12:49 PDT 2002

>>I suppose somebody needed some way to distinguish between the person doing
>>the cooking and the person planning the menu in some situation, but my
>>solution to that is that we are co-head cooks.
>
>How many co-head cooks?  if you have more than two, then you really defeat
>your purpose in having a head cook...  IM(NS)HO
>
>Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd

There needs to be one head cook in charge of the receipts and the cash and
communication with the autocrat.  In the kitchen, well, if you want two or
twelve co-head cooks, I don't think it would make any difference.  But only
one person should ever be the one accountable for the money.  That, by and
large, is the one big reason to *have* someone as 'head cook'.  A menu can
be planned by one person or fifteen, the cook(s), autocrat, baron, crown,
whomever, but one person has got to be in charge of the money.  It probably
makes it easier on the autocrat or anyone else who must deal with the
kitchen if they only have one person to go to for answers, but if there are
two or ten, oh well.
My opinion.
Olwen