[Sca-cooks] Fried Bread dough

Tue Sep 24 10:53:59 PDT 2002

Most Middle Eastern flat breads are baked rather than fried.

Frying uses hot oil or fat to do the cooking.  Most flat breads are cooked
by direct or indirect heat without fat or oil.

Cryspes, fritters, doughnuts, krapfen, etc. are fried but the composition of
the doughs differ from that of bread dough.

The way your question was phrased, my first thought was Navajo Fry Bread,
which is definitely not period cookery.

Bear