Humane treatment of animals WAS:Re: [Sca-cooks] Re: Cooking Cats OT, OOP

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 25 08:44:19 PDT 2002

Aislinn,
If you get flamed hard, well, then, you have me standing right beside you!!!!!
I do eat meat. Not a whole lot of it. Would much prefer pasta and veggies, but I will not eat Veal, because of humane reasons. If I know that something has been hurt (ie tortured for hormonal release, as I would suspect even the most humane of slaughtering would *hurt*) I wouldn't go near it.
Basically I only eat meat because I need a certain amino acid that I don't get (produce?) and is only in red meat (beef) for my migraines.
I don't hunt, fish, kick dogs (although George is getting some consideration this a.m.), I take spiders out of the house and I use live traps for mice (and go set them free at the neighbor that I don't like. Just kidding (about the neighbor, nothing else).
Isabella
 I'm sure I will get flamed hard for this post, but my mundanely pagan heart won't back down from this opinion.

Aislinn

"Of the Good in you I can speak, but not of the Evil. For what is Evil but Good - tortured by its own hunger and thirst? When Good is hungry, it seeks food , even in dark caves, and when it thirsts, it drinks even of dead waters." - Kahlil Gibran