Humane treatment of animals WAS:Re: [Sca-cooks] Re: Cooking Cats OT, OOP

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 25 09:24:48 PDT 2002

Wait! Wait! Before the flaming starts! I'm not saying that other people (ya'll) shouldn't eat meat, hunt, etc. I am just saying, that for me, I am an ole softie and can't/don/t do it.
Must admit, have passed up some wonderful opportunities, too. Salmon (I am not sure what kind they are) live in a lake (Navajo) near me. At the end of salmon season, the 'fishcops' don't care how many you take (limit is 12 per day, I think. Some people take 100).
Guess that is because they are just going to die anyway and it is better to take them, than to let them die in the lake. Weird. They are already going to die, but I can't catch and kill them?
Flame on.
Issy
P.S. Season is around Dec. if anybody is interested
 Isabella di Giovanni wrote:--

Aislinn,
If you get flamed hard, well, then, you have me standing right beside you!!!!!
I do eat meat. Not a whole lot of it. Would much prefer pasta and veggies, but I will not eat Veal, because of humane reasons. If I know that something has been hurt (ie tortured for hormonal release, as I would suspect even the most humane of slaughtering would *hurt*) I wouldn't go near it.
Basically I only eat meat because I need a certain amino acid that I don't get (produce?) and is only in red meat (beef) for my migraines.
I don't hunt, fish, kick dogs (although George is getting some consideration this a.m.), I take spiders out of the house and I use live traps for mice (and go set them free at the neighbor that I don't like. Just kidding (about the neighbor, nothing else).
Isabella
I'm sure I will get flamed hard for this post, but my mundanely pagan heart won't back down from this opinion.

Aislinn

"Of the Good in you I can speak, but not of the Evil. For what is Evil but Good - tortured by its own hunger and thirst? When Good is hungry, it seeks food , even in dark caves, and when it thirsts, it drinks even of dead waters." - Kahlil Gibran