[Sca-cooks] Quail Eggs

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 25 12:55:57 PDT 2002

I sent this at 12:05 but it appeared to be swallowed by the internet. I'll
try again.
Greetings,

I discovered yesterday that a new asian market has opened in my area. It is
HUGE, as in the size of a normal supermarket only with all asian (and a
single hispanic asile) foods. And it is stinky, but that is neither here not
there.

There were several interesting items that may be of use in feast prep but I
had some questions & I thought some of the peoples here could give guidance.
They had canned whole quail eggs. They appeared to be whole, boiled, shelled
eggs. A standard size veggie can cost 1.50. There were several varieties,
most had etc...on the ingredients list, but there was one that said: Quail
Eggs, Water, and that was it. What say you on possibilities on this?

The other thing that they had was a huge package of Saffron (the size of a
sandwich bag stuffed to full) for .99. Now I looked at it and it seemed to
have an awful lot of non red bits in it. The ingredients list said Saffron
Flowers. Any way this is useable or do you think there is too much dietrus
to be good?

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva