[Sca-cooks] Henry VIII was Alton Brown in a Tunic?

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Sep 25 17:10:46 PDT 2002

Well, obviously when England left the Roman Catholic Church behind, all
the people except the nobility quit eating wafers.
Wouldn't that explain the wafers?
Maids of Honor and the Carvery I think were commercial aspects for the
marketing people. Here get a wedding cake done like the Queen's, eat
like they did then, dine in Richmond on Henry's tarts. Gee that last bit
sounded funny didn't it.
Personally I would have liked a behind the scenes show with Peter Brears
and his Christmas dinners. I even don't care that much if it was a
medieval one. It could be Georgian or Victorian. It would still be
great.

Johnnae  llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway