[Sca-cooks] Re: was:Female cows:other uses for meat:canned ravioli and mass market food

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Wed Sep 25 17:26:36 PDT 2002

I did not hear this myself, but since my Dad is glued to the TV watching
news programs all day I am pretty sure this is true.

My Dad heard on the TV that when they recall meat it is used to make canned
ravioli and other things like that.  I am glad I never liked that sort of
stuff with meat in it.  Every once in a great while I like to have a can of
franco american spagettios or the spagetti. That punky cheesy sort of taste
with the canned tomato sauce is an acquired taste.  Never like chef
boy-ardee, too spicy.

I have to admit, I was a very finicky eater as a child.  I would only eat
certain things.  Every Saturday night my Mom used to make home-made pizza
from scratch.  I absolutely hated the smell of the yeast for the dough, and
I hated her pizza because it was sloppy.  You couldn't pick it up and eat
it, you had to use a fork and knife a lot of the time.  So in order to get
me to eat she used to buy me Libby Safari dinners for every Saturday night.
(they are like kid cuisine dinners).  It was quite a luxury because we
weren't well off.

I also would eat franco american spagetti/os.  But if I had homemade pasta
I like it with just cheese.  We always have romano cheese, Dad doesn't like
parmesan.  I loved mashed potatoes, green beans, hamburgers. I used to also
eat onions like apples. I used to embarrass my Mom all the time when we
went over to people's house, I would go into the onion drawer and get an
onion and eat it.  The most amusing story I can remember was we went to
visit her relatives in the cemetary and put flowers on the graves and I
found a wild onion patch and ate a lot of onions, so much that we had the
windows open in the car and you could still smell onions so we stopped at
the dairy queen and got ice cream and we still had to have the windows open!

Geez....notice all that obligatory food references!

	Angeline