[Sca-cooks] Re: Female cows

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Sep 26 09:13:52 PDT 2002

But then you have small herds where the cows were originally Jerseys
with a Jersey Bull. But then the next bull was a registered Angus. Now
the next generation of milk cows was half angus and half jersey and all
black. As I recall the milk was still better than a Holstein's. There
are a lot of cross-bred cows out there in the world.

Johnna Holloway   Johnnae llyn Lewis

Mike Newton wrote:snipped
There are two main types of cattle bred in the US. Those for beef and
those
> for dairy.
 Dairy cows, which are normally different breeds than beef cattle, are