[Sca-cooks] Re: rabbits again

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Sep 26 13:45:11 PDT 2002

>  "and hare separate their babies into different sites after they are born"
> HUH?  When I first read this, I took it to say that hares separated their babies into different SIZES...had a great mental image of them arranging the kids in size order....

*giggle* *giggle*
No, apparently they move each baby to a different nest (technically called
a 'form' which makes it very confusing) and feed them at different times
each day. That way if a predator gets one of the litter, they don't get
them all.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
"The lunatic is in my head... There's someone in my head, but it's not me..."