[Sca-cooks] Chicken McNuggets - Long

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Sep 26 15:41:43 PDT 2002

Also sprach Michael Gunter:
>After the chicken was cooked, I stripped the meat from the bones
>and put the bones back into the chicken stock to boil off all
>tendons and gristle. Once the chicken meat cooled I ground up the
>cinnamon and threw meat and spice into my cuisinart to grind to
>a nice mince. The recipe states that these are to be baked, but
>I also gathered that they could be "cooked in butter or lard" with
>a batter. So I decided to try several versions and deep fry a
>batch.
>
>Much to my dismay I discovered that one of the items I forgot to
>take with me in the split was my pasta roller. So I rolled the
>pasta dough out as thin as possible but not thin enough. And it
>tended to curl up at the edges when fried.
>
>I also made up, not a batter but a dipping station for the batter
>portion. Next time I may try a batter.
>
>I found the chicken didn't hold together well, even after being
boiled. Some kind of binder would help.

It might be that the tearing of the chicken meat into small pieces
produces something more like pulled barbecue than mince, and you
really do wind the chicken onto the bones, like yarn? That would
probably help keep it in place, too. I'm glad somebody is working on
this one, though. It's sort of "on my list".

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER