[Sca-cooks] Re: Humane treatment of animals

Rosine rosine at sybercom.net
Thu Sep 26 20:21:45 PDT 2002

. . .  I asked where he was, my aunt dropped her fork and ran upstairs
crying. I didnt eat meat for three years after that. . .

   I can relate. I had relatives out in Utah who "gave" me a baby bunny from
one of their litters. I visited every chance I had that summer and played
with that bunny. The whole time, no one mentioned that it was being raised
for meat - they thought it'd be funny to tell me at dinner. Which they did.
I never forgave them.
"This is good, what are we eating?"
"Lightening grew up quite tasty, didn't he girl?"  (I threw up on the
speaker. I probably could have avoided it, but one look at his face changed
my mind.)

Rosine