[Sca-cooks] RE: Chicken McNuggets

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 27 10:58:18 PDT 2002

>I've been working in this one for awhile - more off than on,
>due to many factors.

It's actually pretty straight-forward. There are some details
that I think are missing, but other than tweaking the recipe
a bit to make it more workable, it's all there.

>It's been awhile since I tried them (mostly due to the fact
>that my husband threatened to divorce me if I served chicken
>legs one more time!),

LoL! I can relate. But, luckily, I live alone so the only person
that gets sick of eating my experiments is me. But I plan on
unloading the rest of the stuff on the poor unsuspecting folks
at the revel this weekend. I got my pasta machine back and
three blocks of pasta dough resting in my fridge so I'll be
making the pasta wrapped bundles as well as batter-dipped. I may
even remember to turn on my oven this time and offer some of
them baked.

Serving them with Lombardy Mustard really works well, too.

>but I was having some problem with the taste of the chicken -
>hadn't thought of adding cinnamon to the mix.  Thanks, Pappa!

You are welcome, but if you look at the recipe, it's the only
spice mentioned. I added just enough to give a hint of depth
to the chicken. Be careful on not adding too much. I think boiling
the chicken in a good chicken broth adds to the flavor as well.
Otherwise these would be far too bland. But the rich egg pasta
or batter along with a bit of salt, cinnamon and the good chicken
stock I used makes them very nice.

>Ro
>Bright Hills Cooks Guild

Gunthar