[Sca-cooks] Re: Hannah Wooley

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Sep 27 18:50:21 PDT 2002

I should mention for those that don't know much about
Hannah Woolley or Wolley that Prospect Books did do a
beautiful facsimile of the 1675 The Gentlewoman's Companion
which is a book of manners. She probably did not author it, although
it's credited in her name on the title page. But Caterina Albano does a
really great introduction about Woolley and her life and times and talks
about why she probably didn't author this book in the Prospect edition.
We do have the works mentioned by Cindy and Brighid online, as well as a
version of The Gentlewoman's Companion also online at:
http://chaucer.library.emory.edu/cgi-bin/sgml2html/wwrp.pl
 I am working on EEBO/UMI to add the 1672 Ladies Delight and the 1672
Queen-like Closet plus several others including editions of The
Accomplisht Ladies Delight which is another one she may not have
authored.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis

Also sprach johnna holloway:
snipped--