[Sca-cooks] Country Music Jamboree

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Fri Sep 27 18:55:09 PDT 2002

Ciorstan wrote:

> Jadwiga writes:
>
> > Horse's Brancel is the line dance-- or is it
> > the Electric Slide-- of period.
>
> There is a marvelous version of Bransle des Chevaux
> on Malicorne's album "Bestiare"-- done with a
> period loud band, including hurdy gurdy, AND a
> modern electric bass and drum kit. Disco style. And
> I even know a place where one can get the reprinted
> cd.
>
> It works, once you get over the giggling... Really!
>
> ciorstan

For that matter, have you heard Philip Picket's
"The Bones of all Men"? ... Period music, period
instruments, ... and Richard Thompson and the
Fairport Rhythm section.

Rykodisc Hannibal HNCD1416, April 1998

Google says there is a lot more, if you  look here:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=%22The+Bones+of+all+Men%22+pickett

--
Martin G. Diehl

I am what I am.

Reality -- That which remains after you stop thinking
about it.

Right of Way -- A historically significant reality
based social convention designed to reduce risk and
delay while traveling.

The facts expressed here belong to everybody, the
opinions to me. The distinction is yours to draw...