[Sca-cooks] kitchen stewards

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sun Sep 29 07:38:34 PDT 2002

Also sprach jenne at fiedlerfamily.net:
>BTW, I was doing handwashing at an event this weekend that would
>definitely have benefited from a Master of the Hall to make sure the
>various cooks, servers, handwashers, etc. didn't get in each others' ways.

Service issues (as in food service, that is) seem to be a fairly
frequent source of problems at Eastern events. Yeah, that was a
pretty big event, and I can imagine coordinating the activities of
the servers would have been a difficult job.

On the Good News side of things (in addition to Lady Jadwiga bringing
a lot of laving equipment and scented waters for people to wash their
hands before dinner, that is), Lady Brangwayna Morgan was inducted
into the Order of the Manche, the East Kingdom's A&S order of high
merit, yesterday, by Andreas II and Isabella II.

For various reasons, I had been unable to take part in the
traditional group mugging that takes place in the back of the Hall on
such occasions, and was only able to speak to Lady Brangwayna
afterwards.

I realized that I couldn't remember which of the two order medallions
around her neck (that I noticed at the time, anyway) was the one she
had just received, and while this could simply be a sign of the onset
of senility on my part, I think it also indicates that I and a lot of
other people have been thinking of Brangwayna as a de facto Manche
and Silver Crescent for quite a while now. I'm glad it was finally
formalized by the Crown ;-).

Adamantius
deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER