[Sca-cooks] Mongolian Munchies

Jones, Craig Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au
Mon Sep 30 14:24:53 PDT 2002

I plan on the following dishes over 2 evenings:

Main:
	Mastaji
	Bal-Po Soup
	Meat Cakes
	Eggplant Manta
	Deboned Chicken Morsels
	Roasted Quail
	Cotton Rose-Petal Chicken
	Cow's Milk Buns and Poppy Seed Buns
	Various Breads
	Vegetables (if I can find recipes)

	Perhaps Willow Steamed Lamb if we have the resources and can
find
      rocks that wont shatter on heating.

Drinks:
	Millet Beer
	Mung Bean Wine
	Tea
	Kumiss

Desserts:
	Gullach
	Halwa
	Fresh and dried Fruit
	Nuts

Sounds like a traditional Mongol Feast?  I wont do them all on the day
but will make them all for a trial run about XMAS time and get the group
over to taste a bit of everything...

Drakey.

> From Paul's book Soup for the Qan, Bal-Po Soup is to be served over
rice.

> Mutton leg, radishes cooked in water and spices over the fire, when
> finished
> cooking, pulled out and the resulting broth thickened with chick peas
and
> the meat and radish added back in. Rice.
>
> Get Phlip to type in the actual bit from the book, add my redaction
and I
> think you might know how to cook rice? ;-)
>
> Bal-Po soup and rice for 20...period mongol, and tasty [if you happen
> like mutton, that is.] Serve with rotten milk and buttered tea?
>
> There is always our bastirma experiment...
>
> margali
>
> the quote starts here:
> I'm now trying to convince them that we can feed 20 people period
Mongol