[Sca-cooks] Re: Reasonable substitution for musk question

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 20:37:54 PDT 2003

> No, but you might be interested in the bisket bread
documentation I
> entered in Ealdormere's A&S pentathlon last year:
>
> http://infotrope.net/sca/docs/bisket-bread.pdf
>
> One of the recipes I looked at was the one from
Dawson's "Good
Huswife's
> Jewell" containing musk... is that the one you're
using?

> Not wanting to blow my own horn too much, but I won
pent with this
> bisket bread entry, so it might be worth a read ;)

Thanks for the link, I was actually making biscotti
from Italian sources (Scappi to be accurate). But this
is a nice entry, I saw it when you first posted. I
actually got a first place for the biscotti in the
regional A&S competition (last weekend) and am
currently tweaking my docs for kingdom (in about a
month).  I am just concentrating on the Italian
sources not the English ones.   But this is a great
competition doc, thanks for posting it.
Helewyse