[Sca-cooks] Modern asthmas vs period catarrhs

Bonne de Traquair oftraquair at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 13:52:25 PDT 2003

And various mentions of people being of 'weak constitution' or 'sickly' or other such phrases, which persist even into the 20th century in places without  'modern' medical care reliably available.  Bonne  (yes, responding to something from January, I'm a little behind on the list, but maintaining an A average at school!) Send any responses to me personally as this morning I set myself back to 'no mail' til semester end in June
SableSwanHerald at aol.com wrote:
Adamantius,

You've asked questions I've often wondered about.

While it's doubtless true that some of our environmental toxins and food
additives have caused adverse reactions in those who turn out to be sensitive
or allergic, I sometimes feel that many reasoners about this proceed from the
assumption that everyone in period who survived childhood was lusty and
healthy. Actually, as you point out, there are always mentions pof various
weird fluxes, agues, etc. which could have been caused by a wide variety of
agents.

Berengaria

LIVE as you will have wished to have lived when you lay dying.