[Sca-cooks] clay baking ovens

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Apr 24 18:11:38 PDT 2003

> Esther wrote:
> > And yes, you DID teach me better than that! (rolling eyes!)
> >
> > Hey, I'm trying to figure out how to make a Roman (like) clibanus
> with
> > a flower pot and some terra cotta tiles. Am I nuts, risking a health
> > hazard, or what?
I missed this in Esther's earlier message. Esther, perhaps this file in
the SCA-CAMPIG section of the Florilegium might be of use to you. There
are a number of messages in there about small baking ovens and their
re-creation.
camp-ovens-msg    (64K) 12/24/02    Small period and SCA camp ovens.

There is also this file in the FOOD-UTENSILS section, but I think it is
mostly on the bigger, non-portable ovens.
ovens-msg         (73K)  1/18/02    Medieval ovens and SCA camp ovens.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com