[Sca-cooks] period birthdays

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 27 22:48:25 PDT 2003

Andrea commented:
> Congratulations on your "birth"!  May you find many happy years ahead.
> The SCA is also the only place you can create your own birthday and not
> Have people look at you strangely.
That does seem to be in a modern sense, though. So far, in discussions
here and elsewhere, no one has pointed me to any evidence that
birthdays were celebrated in period as we do today. Saint's days,
probably, but nothing on birth days. And no birthday cakes with
candles. :-)
Anyone have any evidence to the contrary?
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com