[Sca-cooks] Knife Sharpening

Rosanne Hatfield j2rhat at attbi.com
Mon Apr 28 11:33:11 PDT 2003

M'lord sharpens all of our knives using Lansky Knife Shapening System.
You can get them at most any sporting good store fairly inexpensive. It
has a nice size case it comes in, so you can take them with you camping.

It is a "T" shape vise to hold the knife. The vise end holds the knife
by the back and the other two sides have four slots each in them at set
angles of 17º, 20º, 25º, and 30º.  The pamphlet that comes with the kit
tells you what angle is appropriate for each type of knife. It come
with oil and three sharpening stones, course, medium and fine. These
stones are attached to a plastic back piece that the guide post fits
into and tightens down. Now you have the stone with a post sticking out
the end. The post then slides through the slot of your choice for your
knife. You then just oil the stone and start sharpening.

I can absolutely state for a fact you do get sharp knives from it, if
you take the time. I hope this is helpful.

Yeke Delger