[Sca-cooks] OT? an Outlands Challenge

M.C. Grasse grasse at mscd.edu
Tue Apr 29 16:56:01 PDT 2003

Sorry for the bandwidth if you are not from the Outlands [though if you want to
play..... ;-)  THANKS!

Unto the Cooks of the Outlands does THL Catrin von Berlin send Greetings and a
Challenge.

I intend to further acquaint the Crown with the lands entrusted to them
through the food of its people.  To accomplish this I propose that the many
wonderful cooks of the Outlands each choose one dish, by preference either
Celtic in origin [as fits their Highnesses personae] or representative of
their local area, to bring/send to Coronation on Saturday, May 10.  Made
available
to the crown for their lunch and to partake of while watching the tourney.
His Highness is unable to partake of onions, Her Highness is adverse to organ
meats
and prefers Atkins friendly fare.  I would ask you chose one recipe and make
enough for about one dozen 1-3 bite sized servings.  Dishes that are easy to
eat while still enjoying the activities [ie, neat or fingerfood] would be
better for this event than stews.  Your offerings will be served at the
tourney site, where, as far as I know, there is not a kitchen to hand to
prepare, heat or clean after.  Disposable containers would be preferred and I
will arrange things on serving platters for presentation.

Outlands Cooks, if you are willing to take up this Challenge, or if you have
any questions, please contact me, by May 5, 2003, at:
grasse(at)mscd(dot)edu
Please send the recipe you will be using; also please send a little
information about your persona, and about the college/shire/barony in which
you reside.  If, and I HIGHLY encourage this, you are using a period recipe,
please send the original as well as the redaction/recreation.    I will
compile the information into a booklet for their Majesties, so they might
better know their people, and may always remember their Coronation day.

My dream is to have representation from Baronies and Shires, Colleges and
Holdings, from Hinterlands to the Citadel of the Southern Pass, to
Plattefordham and Northwolde, to Fontain dans Sable, and all the lands between
providing for/serving their Majesties.

Please share this with any Outlands cooks, new or experienced, who might wish
to participate in this endeavor.

In Service to the Dream
Gwen Cat