[Sca-cooks] antique mold help

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Apr 2 18:01:36 PST 2003

There was an article in last week's NYT food
section on using old molds.
Dining In, Dining Out/Style Desk | March 26, 2003, Wednesday
Chocolate And the Shape Of Things to Come
By DEBORAH BALDWIN (NYT) 1130 words
Late Edition - Final , Section F , Page 3 , Column 1
Unfortunately, the
expensive antique ones don't work really well, especially
if they are at all rusty. Try spraying it with Pam or a release
agent. Also type of chocolate makes a difference.
You might read the article online through Lexis/Nexis.
Also this website:
http://chocolocate.com/
lists people who sell molds, Many offer hints.
See: http://www.chocolatemold.net/
You could do sugarpaste as a trial. I'd cornstarch it really
well. Same with marzipan.
As to type or source--
I have a book on chocolate molds and one can find
descriptions in other kitchenware books or kitchen
antiques books. I'd try the major public library in your area
that carries the subject. If there's a number on it, you can
often trace them.

Hope this helps.

Johnna Holloway   Johnnae llyn Lewis

Does anyone on the list know what I have and know