[Sca-cooks] A Question of Spit Roasting....

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Apr 5 07:41:02 PST 2003

Burnt.

Roasting can be done over direct heat (over the fire) or from reflected heat
(beside the fire, remembering that in a fireplace heat reflects from the
surrounding mass).  If you're cooking over the fire, a nice bed of red hot
coals with white ash is preferred, while reflected heat works with flames or
coals.

One of the reasons to roast indirectly is to position a pan to catch the
drippings to make soups and sauces.

Bear