[Sca-cooks] Back in Business!

sjk3 at cornell.edu sjk3 at cornell.edu
Mon Apr 7 07:22:00 PDT 2003

> Well, after a few terrible moments at Restaurant Depot, someone finally
> located the case of almond paste they brought in for me.  I am now 42 pounds
> richer in paste and will be cranking out some marzipan this evening.

    I suspect this question has been answered before, but I can't find it,
so I'll ask: how long does a can of almond paste keep?  Does it
deteriorate more rapidly if the can has been opened, but not all used?
Does it need to be refrigerated after opening?  Can it be frozen without
affecting texture?  These are all questions about the paste before it's
been kneaded with sugar to make marzipan (that *is* how it's done, isn't
it?).  I'm not likely to use 7 pounds at once, should I ever try playing
with it.

Sandra