[Sca-cooks] Painful news

Jim Fox-Davis firedrake at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 8 08:34:55 PDT 2003

Oh, Brighid,

I can only guess what a hole would be left in my life should something
happen to Selene, so my heart goes out to you right now.  I read this
and sat staring at the screen, wondering what I could say.

It finally occurred to me that there's nothing I could say that would
ease your heart right now, and I wouldn't want to.  Now is the time to
grieve, to mourn, and to live the loss with those you love.  Later will
come the time for rebuilding and reconstruction of your life.  Cherish
each memory, each moment and each thought you have of him, and hold them
close.  Write them down, if you like, so you won't forget.  Wish his
soul well on its journey, as he travels in bright company toward a
farther shore.

Let yourself be loved, cared for, and coddled.  Let yourself be reminded
you are not alone, either physically or virtually.  Give yourself time
to go through all the stages of loss and grief, and don't miss one, or
you'll have to go back and go through it later.

Prayers will be said, and you'll stay in my thoughts, and I'll hold
Selene a little closer this evening.

I can't spell the Gaelic, but there's a wonderful phrase I learned from
a friend that translates:
"There will be a returning for him"

Jared