[Sca-cooks] first feast: Atlantia's Crown Tourney

Laura L laura at croatan.net
Tue Apr 8 09:12:06 PDT 2003

Hello everyone! I'm deputy cook for the upcoming Crown Tourney in Atlantia,
and I wanted to share our menu with you! We had our test feast 2 weeks ago,
and everything came out well (except that we forgot the salad. Oh well!)
Neither Helwynn nor I have ever been Cook for a feast, so we are doing
things that are simple, but period. We don't have documentation for the
roasted veggies or the rabbit pie, but the pie is very simple (cooked rabbit
meat, minced, cooked rabbit liver and kidneys mashed, mixed with 2 whole
eggs, ground ginger, nutmeg, salt, pepper and pie crust) and it isn't hard
to imagine that root vegetables were roasted (or maybe it is, and I just
don't have the knowledge?). The roasted vegetables are carrots, parsnips,
turnips, onions and apples (for a bit of added sweetness). They went over
*really* well at the test feast. People were surprised that the turnips were
so good!

We'll see how things go at the real deal! If you are coming to Atlantia's
Crown Tourney May 2-4, drop by the kitchen and say hello! (I'll be the tall
blonde!)
-Irmgart

***********************************
Spring Feast for Crown Tourney

Join us as we enjoy the first of the harvests with a feast celebrating the
bounties of Spring after the chill of winter.

First Remove

Salad of Spring Greens *
Blamanger of Fysshe (Rice with Shrimp) **

Roast Lamb with Green Mint Sauce
Roasted Vegetables*

Second Remove

Rabbit Pie (BUNNIES !?! YOU BARBARIANS)