[Sca-cooks] Just A Feast report (part 1/2: general report)

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Wed Apr 9 11:13:55 PDT 2003

UlfR wrote:
>> Some of the canton and baronial
>> officers have warned me that I can expect to be asked to cook for more
>> events in future.
>
> I'm hoping that this will be my fate as well, since I actually prefer
> cooking a banquet to eating it.

I don't feel that way, I'm afraid.  I enjoy cooking more as an A&S
activity than as a service activity, if you know what I mean.  And if I
do a feast, I want it to be in keeping with my own "artistic" goals.
And for me, that means small but elaborate feasts with lots of
atmosphere.  If they ask me to do a $10 feast for 150 people in a
big nasty flurescently-lit gymnasium, I will decline.  I have no
interest in it.  And I would much rather put my efforts towards a
spectacular food-focussed event every year or two than spread my
energy thin by doing mass catering for the unwashed horde who attend
more general events.

So, I guess I'm a snob :)

Yours,

Katherine