[Sca-cooks] OT Buccaneering was A Question of Spit Roasting....

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Apr 9 19:09:34 PDT 2003

The specific reason for choosing Cornwall is the existence of a noble family
which controlled most of the wrecking, smuggling and piracy along part of
the coast for several generations most notably during Elizabeth's reign.
They used their influence in the court to keep the authorities out of their
business.

The history of piracy in the Elizabethean period is rather fascinating due
to the number of pirates operating in and around the Isles; Scots, Irish,
Welsh, Cornish, Barbary, etc., not to mention the Queen's seadogs.

Plunder and intrigue make for an interesting event if properly done.

Bear