[Sca-cooks] Stefans Crash?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 9 21:59:27 PDT 2003

> Olaf asked:
> I have all the digest for the past year or so on my drive would you
> like me to forward the past month's to you?

Thank you. However, I did find a data recovery place that is quoting me
$350 to $750 to recover the data if they don't have to go into the
sealed disk chamber. (ie: that has to be done in a clean room
enviornment, so costs more). I'm shipping it off for them to examine on
Thursday morning. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and let's see what
happens.  If I'm lucky I get the data back, the monthly Florilegium
article and the Tile Project only get delayed a few weeks and I'm out a
bunch of money. If I'm real unlucky, I'm only out the cost of mailing
the drive to California, but there is no recoverable data. :-(

Stefan
(learn from my mistake. Back up your drives. I ordered the network
version of Retrospect Desktop Backup for the Mac just a few minutes
ago. MacMall has it on for ~$85)