[Sca-cooks] Italian Renaissance Dining and Manners

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Apr 11 20:19:43 PDT 2003

It's a good book but I think that is earlier than
what she wanted. Actually the work by Benporat
that covers that era would be
Storia Della Gastronomia Italiana (1990).
The problem with Benporat is  that few libraries
bought him so that means buying copies from
Italy. Expensive and very slow boats. I have had one
volume on order for nearly 18 months now and my most
recent order arrived media mail in a package from Minnesota.
(I suspect that the bookseller gave a tourist a copy to mail
on to me when they arrived back home in the US.)
It is as they say a mystery.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway