[Sca-cooks] Tannahill was Tomato References

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Apr 15 06:00:00 PDT 2003

There's also the issue with Tannahill in that one
should be using the revised text that was updated.

Here is my description from my article in
Serve It Forth number 16.

"Food in History, Reay Tannahill, 1973. This was the first general
market mass release food history book and was used as a
textbook in several social history courses. Penguin in the
U. K. re-released Food in History in a “New, Fully Revised
and Updated Edition” in 1988. A U.S. revised paperback edition
was released in April 1995. Do use the revised edition, as
Tannahill corrected and updated information provided in
the 1973 original edition."

See her introduction for details.

Johnnae llyn Lewis   Johnna Holloway