Seders was Re: [Sca-cooks] TRYING TO FIGURE OUT A BROTH

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 16 12:02:41 PDT 2003

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius" wrote:

> Also sprach Susan Fox-Davis:
> >Adamantius, perennial Seder guest, enquires:
> >
> >>Which reminds me. What are the people who do this, doing in re Seders
> >and such?
> >
> >The traditional Fox Family Speed Seder.  If it involves eating or
> >drinking something we do it, otherwise skip it.  Generations of my
> >father's orthodox family are spinning in their graves.  The good news
> >is, my mother is actually letting me cook, the bad news is I have to
> >make everything bland the way she likes it, no creativity whatsoever.
> >Sigh.
>
> You can't just make a secondary mango-coconut-chili charoseth (I just
> made this up as an example and have no idea if it's "legal") and
> slather it on everything?

Don't I just wish.  As it is, I just now won the argument to put almonds
into the charoseth
instead of the walnuts, since [1] everyone seems to be allergic to walnuts,
tho' that didn't stop Mom before, ever;  [2] The Children of Israel didn't
have walnuts but they did have almonds, [3] they were free since I had
about 10 pounds in my freezer.  I think #3 did the trick.

Selene