[Sca-cooks] TRYING TO FIGURE OUT A BROTH

Heleen Greenwald heleen at ptdprolog.net
Wed Apr 16 14:33:54 PDT 2003

I *should* be getting ready to go to our synagogue seder.... instead, here i
sit.
The synagogue menu:
jarred gefillte fish
powdered soup, boxed matzoh ball soup
brisket
matzhoh brei
vegetables
cakes
Question:
How do you boil, let's say, 4 qts of water & broth fixings for 8 hrs without
loosing all the liquid, and you would have to keep adding water but then
wouldn't that totally dilute the finished broth?

What do you mean by enriching the broth with shrimp shells? How do you do
that?  (Maybe that was the seafood sweetness I tasted??)

Thanks again,
Phillipa
& have a happy Easter!