[Sca-cooks] YKYITSCAW...

sjk3 at cornell.edu sjk3 at cornell.edu
Mon Apr 21 07:20:18 PDT 2003

> And here I was thinking Michelangelo was about 100 years earlier than he
> actually was. Wow.
>
> Can we guess which half of Art History 101 I slept through? :-)
>
> Margaret

    Perhaps.  And then again, it's perhaps also partly due to the
compartmentalization of American teaching.  I remember the surprise I
felt when I realized Henry VIII (1491-1547), Columbus (1451-1506), and
Michaelangelo (1475-1564, the year Shakespeare was born!) overlapped.
Not to mention all sorts of other people I haven't realized yet.

Sandra