[Sca-cooks] ELIZABETHAN KITCHEN

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Tue Apr 22 09:27:02 PDT 2003

Phillipa wrote:

>At this link:
>http://www.myladyswardrobe.com/
>is a picture (the one on the right) of an Elizabethan kitchen. It is
>on the manor estate of Kentwell in England where they do a very
>exacting recreation of Elizabethan times for 3 weeks in the summer.

The table at which they are working seems too low for comfort. Maybe
it's an eating-height table being used as a work table? Or an
original-height table with modern-height people? (Although I wouldn't
have thought people were that much taller now.)

I once saw the kitchen at Haddon Hall; here is the picture off their website.
http://www.haddonhall.co.uk/html/Kitchen.html

Elizabeth of Dendermonde/Betty Cook