[Sca-cooks] ELIZABETHAN KITCHEN

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Apr 23 14:11:43 PDT 2003

As to why the table at Kentwell Hall seems short,
a number of possiblities comes to mind.
If someone would like to really explore the subject I can come
up with the sources to get you started.
There is a subset of art history and decorative crafts that is
called Furniture History. There is
Furniture history: the journal of the Furniture History Society
among other publications. There are even books on tables, as
well as books on the history and furnishing of kitchens.
I would guess that given a good
research library with printed sources one could run the various
papers on the topic down in a day or so. I don't think
that the answer is going to be found on the web.

Sorry, I do not have the time at the moment to do the
full search over at the UM Art Library and Grad stacks.

Johnnae llyn Lewis    Johnna Holloway