[Sca-cooks] Adventures in redaction...LONG

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sun Apr 27 05:13:44 PDT 2003

Also sprach Laura C. Minnick:
>I didn't add white anise- mostly because we didn't have any
>(and mine is at Dad's house 180 miles away, natch) and partly because
>people can be really weird about anise/licorice sometimes and as it was a
>'florissh' I figured I could leave it out.

Sounds like a safe bet. FWIW, I suspect that the reference to the
fact that it is "white" may suggest that white anise confits (as
opposed to red anise confits, whose sugar coating is more
caramelized; see Chiquart to references to both types and their uses)
may be what the Ur-cook-writer had in mind.

Adamantius