[Sca-cooks] New PBS Show Warrior Challenge

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Apr 29 05:45:15 PDT 2003

I'd like to point out that no one has seen the show yet, so we can't
be too sure just exactly what they will be feeding the contestants.
Gruel was mentioned, but one man's gruel may in fact be something
very appropriate that SCA cooks would recognize and approve. The
Viking fare was the only other foodstuffs mentioned. I for one am reserving
judgement until after the show airs or I gain more details.

Johnnae llyn Lewis

Salt Fish. Salt meat. Pickled same. Store mucho much better on ship, maybe?