[Sca-cooks] subcontracting dayboards/meals

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 29 10:43:23 PDT 2003

>Question for the assembled: has anyone tried a variety of 'subcontracting'
>meals-- where one person makes up the list and gets various cooks to be
>each responsible for preparing/bringing one dish? How practical is this?
>I'm thinking of it for a dayboard.
>
>-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net

Well, kinda.  Here folks prepare a dish and bring to a cooks guild meeting.
Then, if that dish is selected for a feast, usually the person who brought
the dish and submitted the recipe/redaction is usually the one tapped at the
event to actually prepare it there (or ahead of time).  If that person is
unavailable then it is passed on to another cook.  That is one of the ways
individual members of our guild get recognition.  Well, that and how we go
on about each others talents.
Olwen